- updates from many (not all) of my social network posts
MY PODCASTS - THESE ARE NO LONGER ACTIVE
(1) Geography for Travelers Podcast & Blog - my first podcast, started July 2005 as a weekly show mostly geared toward my students, but now produced monthly and mostly focused on my research.(2) Travelography: World Travel and Tourism News Podcast - my weekly short news podcast, hosted at PodcasterNews.com, but the show notes and audio can also accessed at:
(3) Travelography 2.0 Podcast - My NaPodPoMo mostly live and unedited podcast on Utterz.com. I mostly (not always) submit this one by phone and talk a little about what is going on in my life and one travel and tourism news story that I have recently come across.
MY WEB 2.0 REVIEW BLOGS
(3) Web 2.0 Travel and Tourism Tools Blog - this is where I do short reviews of websites and related information available online that I use to keep track of "Travel 2.0" -- one of my current research interests:(4) Web 2.0 Teaching Tools Blog - this is where I do short reviews of "Education 2.0" websites and related information online that I use in developing my own web-based classes:
MY TRAVEL & TOURISM BLOGS
(5) Golden Triangle Conference and Travels blog: This blog was my first, originating from a trip to the Golden Triangle in summer 2005. I now update it occasionally with news items from that region.
(6) Asia Travels, Tourism and More blog was originally based on my 2005 trip to Singapore and Thailand, which occurred just before the Golden Triangle trip in Summer 2005. I re-titled this blog to also include my subsequent trips to Malaysia, Nepal and other areas of Asia:
(7) Australia Travel Blog currently includes a June 2006 trip to Melbourne, Ayers Rock, Cairns and Brisbane. It can be found on two different travel blog sites (I was comparing them):
(9) Travelography 2.0 Blog supports my Travelography 2.0 podcast (see above) and is a place where I blog about my travels to places outside of Asia, such as Europe and Latin America.
(10) New Economics of Tourism Blog is a collaborative blog that I contribute to based at the Centre for Tourism and Cultural Change (CTCC) at Leeds Metropolitan University
OTHER TEACHING & TRAVEL RESOURCES
(11) Presentations and Articles - selected Powerpoint presentations Articles that I have written can be viewed through:
(12) My Favorite Travel Websites HubPage - where I go when I start planning a trip
(13) Top Tourist Attractions HubPage - a list of websites that list tourist attractions
(14) Best World Atlas HubPage - list of atlas, map and mapping websites
- NAU Homepage: http://alanlew.com/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/alew
- Flickr (>30k photos): http://www.flickr.com/photos/alew/
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/p/Alan_A_Lew/693471125
- About.me: http://about.me/alanlew
- MySpace (not used): http://www.myspace.com/alanalew